I’m getting some more traffic on the blog, and getting people commenting on it. I love the fact that people want to share their thoughts, opinions, disagreements, and encouragement. However, I felt it was important to put up a list of some guidelines for comments.
1. No Swearing. Seriously. If you swear your comment doesn’t stand a chance of being approved.
2. Be on topic. We all get on rabbit trails which are fun, but please keep comments relating to the post or at least to a train of thought that is already taking place on the comments.
3. No trolling. If you need to ask what trolling is then you likely are at no risk of performing it. I simply do not care to deal with trolling. If you are coming on here just to cause a stir then you won’t get past moderation.
4. Don’t feed the trolls. If a troll slips past me, and manages to try and goad you on in a heated and pointless discussion please do not indulge him. Just wait for me to come and clean up the mess.
5. R.E.S.P.E.C.T. People are going to disagree on here. If you look at my comments you will see me disagree and debate with others. That is expected. I also expect people to give simple respect towards others. No name calling or attacking the person. Deal with the message rather than the messenger. If you come on here and tell me I am no different than the KKK and endorse murder by believing in the Bible than your comment isn’t going to last. This is not a place to come looking for a fight.
6. Don’t take yourself too seriously. This is more of a laid back rule. Be willing to be here and have fun. I want to make this an enjoyable place where people can feel safe to express their views and opinions even if they are different than mine. That is why these rules are in place. Don’t be afraid to have a sense of humor.